Dublin Holistic Massage (Massage Dublin 1) – It is the best centre in Dublin 1 for Lomi Lomi, Relaxing, Swedish, Cupping, Reflexology, Anti Cellulite, Deep Tissue, Couple, 4 Hand, Mobile professional massage in Dublin 1 area. Female & Male Therapists available in our Dublin 1 centre.
Our intention is to give the gift of health by offering the highest quality massage therapy in Dublin at extremely affordable rates. Affordable pricing and a quality experience are always guaranteed at all Dublin Holistic Massage Centres, so you can feel your best for less.We look forward to giving you the gift of health and relaxation. Our Massage Services Include:
|Reflexology Massage Dublin||Holistic Massage Dublin||Deep Tissue||Swedish Massage Dublin|
|4 Hands Massage Dublin||Mobile Massage Dublin||Shiatsu Massage Dublin||Massage in Dublin hotel|
|Couples Massage Dublin||Cupping Massage Dublin Therapy||Lomi Lomi Massage Dublin||Male Massage Dublin|
Opening Hours: 9am to 9pm (by appointment only)
Dublin Holistic Massage: 19 Talbot Street, Dublin 1,
Phone number 085 7 74 74 74
A typical massage using a combination of the following strokes, generally in order:
- Light effleurage strokes glide across and fan over the skin and are used to apply massage oil, transition from one stroke to another and evaluate the condition of muscles and tissue before moving on to deeper massage strokes.
- Deep effleurage strokes are similar to their lighter counterparts, but also involve the use of the therapist’s knuckles. These strokes are usually performed with additional pressure and increase both the flow of circulation and the lymphatic system. They also help warm superficial body tissues and reduce edema.
- Petrissage strokes involve kneading, skin rolling (where tissue is actually lifted from the underlying muscles) and squeezing. Their purpose is to stretch muscle fibers, break up any adhesion and bring oxygen to weak or atrophied muscles.
- Friction strokes help spread muscle fibers wide and may also help break up any muscular scar tissue from injuries, accidents or surgeries.
- Vibration Gentle vibration of the skin and superficial tissues is used to relax the muscles and loosen the ligaments.
- Percussion techniques sound violent-they include tapping, slapping, cupping, beating and pounding-but are generally forceful, not aggressive. These movements stimulate tired muscles, the nervous and adrenal systems, and enhance muscle tone and skin appearance.
- Passive and active movements aren’t really strokes at all, but the stretching and manual manipulation of your limbs in passive or active positions, meaning the therapist may assume the weight of your limb and move it for you, or you participate in the movement.
Hidden Health Benefits of Human Touch. Today, numerous well respected studies indicate that massage therapy doesn’t only feel good, it also may be good for you. Take a look at the health benefits below and discover the power of human touch:
But there’s more – a study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine suggests that individuals who undergo massage therapy experience measurable improvements in their immune response. Mark Rapaport, M.D., and his colleagues from Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre followed 53 healthy adults who were divided into two groups: The participants received either 45 minutes of Swedish massage or the same amount of time of light touch massage, which is much milder and served mainly as a comparison to the more vigorous Swedish massage. After examining their blood samples, the scientists found that people in the Swedish massage group experienced a decrease in cortisol and a significant increase in lymphocytes, cells that keep our immune system strong.
“More research is ahead of us but it appears that a single massage may deliver a measurable benefit,” Rapaport said in a news release.
Massage is far more potent therapy than most people realize. In fact, it can (and should) replace analgesics as a treatment for tension headaches. As it turns out, it takes only a 30-minute massage on cervical trigger points to boost autonomic nervous system regulation and alleviate the symptoms. Patients also report an improvement in their psychological and physiological state, which goes hand in hand with the reduction in stress and anxiety associated with such a disturbing condition.
Stress and lack of rest have devastating effects on our health, fitness and beauty. Don’t be afraid to find yourself a good massage therapist and get some healing on a regular basis. When you’re taking care of your skin and what’s beneath it, you are taking care of your whole world.
You are welcome to come over to Dublin Holistic Massage for a free consultation to discuss the benefits of massage in Dublin.